New Patient Information
What to expect
A new patient “problem-focused” visit last about 75 minutes. Comprehensive new patient visits usually run 90 minutes, but sometimes longer if the case is complicated.
During the initial visit you will…
- Have an extended interview with me to discuss and review your health story.
- Have your condition evaluated and examined, including your radial pulses, your tongue, and other areas of the body related to your symptoms.
- Receive a therapeutic treatment most appropriate for your needs.
Treatments often result in a state of tranquility and ease that supports self-healing. I refer to this feeling as “Acuphoria.” During the treatment, you will be in a warm, inviting room on a comfortable table. I keep a monitor in my rooms for my patients to call me if they have any needs.
You may feel or not feel the sensation of the needles. Sensations primarily tend to feel like warmth or pressure, occasionally there can be discomfort for which we will seek an immediate modification of the sensation.
How to prepare
- Please email me a summary of your health condition & story to Jeffrey@AcupunctureofMarin.com
- Print out and complete the New Patient Intake Form
- Please wear comfortable clothing that can be pulled up to the knees and past the elbows, because regularly used acu-points are located from the elbow and knee down.
- If you plan to use your insurance benefits, email me your DOB, Subscriber #, and the customer service # of your plan so I can verify your benefit before your initial visit.
- If you find that you have questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the office.
What to bring
- Your completed health forms
- Recent imaging reports & blood-work results
- Insurance card
- A form of payment (credit card, check or cash)
A Note to Prospective Patients
Insurance Billing Information
Yes! We do take and bill insurance plans. For an overview of our policies, please click on the “insurance” link.
Acupuncture of Marin
130 Greenfield Ave #2
San Anselmo, CA 94960